The department has a neurosurgical operating room equipped with ultramodern equipment in accordance with the best European standards (operating microscope, computer navigation station, motor systems, ultrasonic disintegrator, video endoscopic equipment, intraoperative neurophysiological monitoring, etc.).
There are 15 beds of a neurological profile in the structure of the department.
On the basis of the department in cooperation with leading researchers of North-Western State Medical University named after I.I. Mechnikov and Russian Research Institute named after A.L. Polenov conducts research, testing and implementation of modern methods of diagnostics and treatment of neurosurgical pathology.
Main workstreams of the department:
- traumatic injuries to the skull, brain and spinal cord;
- acute disco-radicular conflict in hernias of intervertebral discs;
- congenital malformations of the central nervous system;
- acute disorders of cerebral and spinal circulation;
- congenital and post-traumatic defects of skull bones;
- brain and spinal cord tumors;
- microsurgery in the treatment of traumatic injuries of the brain and spinal cord, arch bones and skull base, hernias of intervertebral discs;
- navigation and neurophysiological monitoring in the removal of tumors of various localizations;
- minimally invasive techniques for removing brain hematoma;
- endoscopic minimally invasive treatments for various forms of hydrocephalus;
- intravascular and bypass operations with individual selection of shunt parameters;
- reconstructive and restorative operations for congenital and acquired defects of the bones of the zygomatic arch and the base of the skull;